One Trusted Adult offers research-based programs and professional development opportunities that teach the fundamentals needed to build strong connections and healthy boundaries with young people. Our goal is to ensure that every young person has the one thing that is crucial to their well-being and success: an accessible, boundaried, and caring Trusted Adult.
Through our in-person and virtual programs we provide materials, tools, and strategies designed to help build and deepen relationships between young people and Trusted Adults. Every program is active, meaning participants engage with the material, one another, and our trainers, who are experienced educators.
- Become trusted adults who are accessible, boundaried, and caring
- Assess and address the needs of young people
- Establish healthy and appropriate youth-adult relationships
- Encourage teamwork and build a network of many trusted adults
- Communicate with other professionals and implement strategies that can improve relationships
- Learn career-sustaining habits and how to avoid professional burnout
- Identify a trusted adult
- Build a properly boundaried relationship
- Practice person and social awareness
- Grow personal skills for community contribution and leadership